Salary: Grade E 10-14 (£21695 – £23484) depending on experience
Employer: Derby City Council
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks a year
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Gayton Junior School, Gayton Avenue, Littleover, Derby, DE23 1GA
Start Date: ASAP
Gayton Junior School are looking to appoint an experienced and committed Premise Manager to join our school family. The successful candidate will help to maintain and enhance our learning environment and oversee the day-to-day management of the school site, ensuring that a safe and healthy environment is provided for staff, students and visitors.
We are looking for a Premises Manager who will:
- Take pride in ensuring that the school site is clean and secure, including locking and unlocking the school sites as required and maintaining the school grounds;
- Undertake general caretaking and maintenance duties, e.g. changing lightbulbs, making repairs/improvements to school property, fixtures and fittings;
- Work alongside our cleaning team to ensure the school site remains tidy and safe;
- Advise and collaborate with the senior leadership team to develop and improve areas of the school site;
- Maintain stock levels on items such as cleaning products, lightbulbs and paints;
- Co-ordinate with external contractors working on-site;
- Demonstrate confidence in carrying out statutory health and safety checks and maintaining all relevant records, such as alarm systems, water hygiene and PAT testing.
The successful candidate will be:
- Willing to work as part of a team
- A good communicator
- Good at managing their own time
- A confident and competent ‘handy person’
- Happy, with a positive outlook and a good sense of humour.
We can offer you the opportunity to become part of our ‘Gayton family’: a friendly working environment with welcoming and supportive colleagues. Our children are polite, friendly and helpful – some may even relish the opportunity to work alongside you every now and again! Leadership at Gayton will be committed to your success, providing you with a comprehensive training programme in order for you to fulfil all aspects of your role and responsibilities.
Please see the job description for further details.
We would be delighted to hear from you stating your particular strengths. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01332 760372 to arrange a visit. Gayton Junior School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. Further details and a job application form are available from the Derby City school office during the school day, or by email to: email@example.com. Please note, an application form must be submitted; CVs will not be considered.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 3rd June 2022 at 12pm. Any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 15th June 2022.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01332 760372 to arrange a visit or email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should be sent to this email address. Download an application form here.
Gayton Junior School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. Please read the copy of the schools Education Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and the Safer Recruiting Policy. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (see guidance on DCC website).