At Gayton Junior School, we can accept 90 children in Year 3.
As a Derby City School we follow the Local Authority (LA) admission policy. The order of priority for allotting places is as follows:
- Children who are in care of, or accommodated by, Derby City Council or another LA.
- Children living in the normal area served by the school, and have siblings at the school at the time of admission
- Children living in the normal area served by the school
- Children who do not live in the normal area, but have siblings at the school at the time of admission
- Other children whose parents/carers have requested a place by the published date
- Children whose parent/carers did not express their preference by the published date
You will receive a letter from the LA in November, with the application details. This must be returned to the LA.
The LA will then let you know which school you have been allocated in April.
If you are not offered a place for your child at your preferred school, you have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel. Details will be given to you.
Click here if you would rather apply using an online application form.
Click here for more information or contact the Admissions Team at 01332 642730.
Admissions Arrangements for 2020-21 Intake
Closing date for online applications – 15 January 2020.
National offer date for all Infant/Junior and Primary Schools – Thursday 16th April 2020
Closing date for all Infant, Junior and Primary school appeals – Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Infant/Junior and Primary School appeal hearing dates – Weekdays from Monday 22nd June – Friday 24th July 2020