- This event has passed.
Year 5 Trip to Sherwood Forest
November 14 @ 8:30 am - 4:20 pm
As part of our Experiences for Writing program, Year 5 will be visiting Sherwood Forest on either Monday 14th November or Tuesday 15th November.
On Monday 14th November, Class 7 and half of Class 8 will visit.
On Tuesday 15th November, Class 9 and the 2nd half of Class 8 will visit
We will be experiencing the atmosphere of the forest in the winter time, as an experience that we hope they find both enjoyable and inspirational for future writing. During the visit, the children will also take part in two activity workshops, based in the woodland: a Minibeasts workshop linked to our Science topic on Habitats and Woodland Wonders workshop.
We will be picked up from Gayton at 9:05am on each day – children must arrive at school no later than 8:30am please. We will aim to return to school between 4pm and 4:20pm, depending on traffic. We will be able to provide you with more accurate return estimates via ParentsApp on the day, so please make sure you have signed up and you have your notifications turned ON!
On the day, the children will need the following:
- Appropriate clothing and footwear: A winter coat and wet-weather shoes or wellies
- A woolly hat, scarf and gloves would be advisable
- Medications (medications to be given to class teachers by parents on arrival at school please)
- A packed lunch for an indoor picnic
- At least 2 water bottles filled with suitable, healthy drinks.