SPECIALIST SERVICES AND EXPERTISE
· Our SENCO has undertaken the national SENCO accreditation in order to obtain fully qualified and accredited status in this area.
· Within the school we have a culture of sharing good practise and expertise; this enables us to ensure our staff have as much knowledge as possible within the field of supporting children with SEND.
· The environment is designed to support children with individual needs e.g. visual timetables, coloured backgrounds and photocopies, individual workstations etc as required.
· As a school we work closely with any external agencies that we feel are relevant to supporting individual children’s’ needs within our school including: Primary Behaviour Service, Health services including: GPs, school nurse, CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service), clinical psychologist, paediatricians, speech and language therapists, occupational and physiotherapists; Children’s Services including: Early Help locality teams, social workers; educational psychologists and specialist advisory teachers.
GAYTON STAFF PROVISION
· We look to ensure that we have a variety of skills among our staff body, in order to enable us to support children in the best possible way.
· The specific training held by support staff includes: The Better Reading Programme, Turnabout for cognitive development, behaviour for learning, Wave 3 interventions, precision reading and Read Write Inc.
· The school also operates an internal training programme for support staff, facilitated by the SENCO. Whole group sessions or bespoke support based upon the needs of both children and staff, are timetabled on a weekly basis.