This Privacy Statement covers the Gayton Community Junior School website only. This Privacy statement does not cover links within this site to other externally operated websites.
What are cookies and why are they used?
- to tailor the website to your browser
- to help us analyse the use of the website
- to allow applications on our website to work correctly – for example, ensuring that we know when you have logged on or off and which part of an application you are accessing
If we want to collect personally identifiable information through our website – for instance when you request a service from us – we will tell you beforehand. We will make it clear when we collect this information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies in use on our site:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. This information is not stored after you have left the site.
- Persistent cookies: These remain in the cookie file of your browser for a longer period of time. The length of time will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie but this may be indefinitely or until deleted.
In most cases cookies are harmless, and you will only diminish your browsing experience by disabling them. In some cases websites will not work if you disable cookies in your web browser.
Information on how to do this can be found within the ‘Help’ function within your browser. The website aboutcookies.org also contains information about managing cookies on a wide variety of browsers.
Cookies that we use on our site
The following sections detail the cookies we use on our web pages, with information on their expiry and why they are used.
Cookies used on this site
|Cookie||Values set||Expiry date||Description|
|civicShowCookieIcon||yes||Persistent – four months from last set||Determines whether or not to show the Cookie Control icon at the bottom of the screen.|
|civicAllowCookies||yes||Persistent – four months from last set||Indicates that the user has given consent for the website to store cookies on their computer.|
|wordpress_logged_in_||user name + unique id code||Persistent – two weeks from last set||Indicates that the user has logged in to WordPress. The cookie will be cleared when the user logs out of WordPress.|
The following Google Analytics cookies appear on our web site. You can choose to opt out of Google Analytics on all websites by using the Google Analytics opt-out tool .
|Originator||Cookie Name||Type / Expiry Date||Purpose / Further information|
|.gaytonj.derby.sch.uk||__utma||Persistent – 2 years from last set or update||
These cookies are set by Google Analytics. These cookies are used to anonymously track visitor numbers and use of the website. We use the information in the Google Analytics tool to compile reports and help us improve the site.
|.gaytonj.derby.sch.uk||__utmb||Persistent – 30 minutes from last set or update|
|.gaytonj.derby.sch.uk||__utmz||Persistent – 6 months from last set or update|
Changes to this policy
This policy will be reviewed and updated versions will be posted on the website.